Spiral Living Jobs
Spiral Living Center Program Assistant 2024
Position: Program Assistant
Hours: 15-20 hours per week
Compensation: $20 per hour
Location: In-office presence required for 12 hours weekly, the balance of weekly hours can be completed remotely. Attendance at board meetings one evening per month is expected.
We are seeking a proactive and organized individual with a passion for building community resilience to join us as our Spiral Living Center Program Assistant. In this pivotal role, you will be at the heart of our operations. The Program Assistant will provide support for SLC programs including EarthScouts, Illinois Valley Community Food Project, IV Bikespace, and our Book and Tool Libraries.
The Program Assistant will be responsible for coordinating daily activities, assisting in event and class planning, overseeing community outreach, and providing support to our programs. Additionally, the Program Assistant will represent SLC at farmers’ markets, manage volunteer recruitment, attend to administrative tasks such as recording minutes, drafting year-end summaries, and maintaining volunteer records. Engaging in financial duties, the Program Assistant will monitor subscriptions, assist in deposit preparations, and actively participate in fundraising initiatives.
The successful candidate will bring proven administrative experience, strong organizational skills, and computer proficiency.
If you’re a self-starter with a passion for community engagement and sustainability, join us in this dynamic position and contribute to our mission of community engagement and sustainability!
Interested candidates, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than February 2, 2024.
SLC is an equal opportunity employer, embracing diversity and fostering an inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
- Assist in designing and scheduling classes and workshops.
- Handle logistics for classes and workshops.
- Provide community outreach for programs.
- Supervise registration processes.
- Assist in monthly food pantry operations.
- Represent SLC at farmers’ markets periodically for promotions and memberships.
- Coordinate and schedule board meetings.
- Collect reports from contractors and upload to Google Drive.
- Record and transcribe minutes; amend and file post-approval.
- Draft the end-of-year summary report.
- Maintain volunteer records and send thank you letters.
Fundraising and Financial Duties:
- Monitor membership subscriptions and donations.
- Assist the bookkeeper in preparing deposits.
- Draft monthly thank-you letters to donors.
- Manage 3-4 IVCDO can drives annually.
- Monitor grant report due dates and assist in report preparation.
- Assist in writing and sending the end-of-year fundraising appeal.
- Organize events including the local food dinner with a silent auction.
- Recruit volunteers.
- Oversee cataloging and maintaining resources.
- Maintain consistent hours onsite for book and tool check-ins and check-outs.
- Ensure cleanliness and organization of SLC resources.
- Update and maintain computer systems.
- Regularly tidy and organize office, library, and storage areas.