Spiral Living Center relies on financial help from our community members and donors. We are now offering a recurring monthly membership through PATREON* that enables us to have a reciprocal relationship with our patrons!
What does your membership support?
While our intention is to be a physical resource that folks can access to learn practical and tangible skills, we also feel that online content helps make our work more accessible during this time. Your donations will be evenly distributed throughout our organization to directly help:
- Fund our Emergency Pop-Up Food Box Locations using our IV Gleaning Project Trailer
- Update our Book + Tool libraries and fund much needed repairs to existing items
- The creation of more online programs and videos for distance community
- Fund fair labor costs for our SLC staff, contractors, and class instructors
- Cover SLC overhead fees for our: office space, computers, phone, and website hosting
- Keep our free options available for all who need them. This includes our “Scouts Seat” work-trade position (one per class/gathering).
What do members receive in exchange for their financial support?
We at SLC have many insights and talents to share! One of the most valuable experiences for us has been the journey of finding right relationship with the environment that we are inextricably woven. We are passionate about being homesteaders and stewards of the Illinois Valley, and sharing knowledge specific to this area. We anticipate creating educational videos and downloadable PDF guides sharing food + herbal medicine recipes, gardening tips, animal husbandry tips, off-grid living tips, crafts, repair instructions, & more!
- $10 off all Spiral Living Center in-person workshops
- Educational PDF downloads as they become available
- First access to sign up for our classes and events
- A free downloadable copy of our “From Roots to Shoots” eBook, a 12 page introductory PDF on creating food forests for health and resiliency. It includes in-depth information on the 7 layers of a food forest and journal prompts to help you get started on your land!
*In order to support us on Patreon, you must have an active bank account or PayPal account. For those who would like to pay with cash or check, fees are $20 for yearly single membership or $50 for a family membership (one household). All check/cash members receive the same benefits as our Patreon members. Checks can be made out to/mailed to Spiral Living Center 9044 Takilma Road Cave Junction, OR 97523. Please write your email on the check or a note so we can email you a free copy of our “From Roots to Shoots” eBook!